Through a combination of established media contacts and a natural affinity for establishing new relationships, Underground Communications can create a strategy to entice media interest in your products and services, as well as to communicate important business messages. And, by keeping a close eye on media calls we never let an opportunity pass for our clients.
It's also important to keep a close eye on topics of interest and research statistics and trends that relate to your industry so that you can maximise your opportunities to obtain a feature in the media, both offline and on the web. Through research and various online tools, we keep up-to-date with events that may be of benefit to your media relations strategy.
We can help you:
- find an angle that will interest journalists and submit a pitch that contains the right mix of ingredients to cut through and encourage them to pursue the story
- write a compelling media release, story pitch or by-lined article constructed to capture attention quickly
- submit your campaign to targeted media groups and follow up
- co-ordinate interviews/photos with the publications
- offer advice and media training to keep you on track and feeling confident during an interview
St Ives Shopping Village
Beginning with the St Ives Shopping Village 50th Anniversary project, we have since worked closely with the centre’s marketing team and retailers on establishing a steady stream of coverage in the local, general, online and retailing media. Balancing the needs of the centre and the individual retailers, we make sure that we’re across the ongoing communication goals for the benefit of all involved. We also work closely with their creative team on their unique publication Village Life and manage the centre’s Facebook page.
"Karen and her team have provided expert advice to us since 2010, developing our social media use and managing the Centre’s Facebook presence.
In addition they have developed and placed innovative stories for our new retailers, providing valuable media opportunities to extend awareness. I find Karen highly professional and intuitive.
She takes time to analyse the business at hand and develop cohesive and well thought out solutions for media engagement."
- Sue McKindlay, Marketing Manager - St Ives Shopping Village